• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

negotiation advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Well that would be a first, falling for some agencies talking themselves up! The only sector holding up at the moment is government contracts. Whether they'll continue to buck the trend remains to be seen.

But by all means encourage others to pass up a 12 month contract for what, an extra £25 a day perhaps for 3 months?
    *sigh* attitude but no ability to read. If you re-read my post you'll see I gave the OP suggestions based upon his original question. You gave an opinion on what you would do, having no idea of the poster's circumstance/role/skills etc. I'll leave you to work out which is more helpful.
    Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
      *sigh* attitude but no ability to read. If you re-read my post you'll see I gave the OP suggestions based upon his original question. You gave an opinion on what you would do, having no idea of the poster's circumstance/role/skills etc. I'll leave you to work out which is more helpful.
      for what it's worth, i appreciated all the points of view on this thread.
      Originally posted by BolshieBastard
      You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

I'd take the 12 months. There are plenty of ways to get out of a 3 month notice period if you need to.
        Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
          I'd take the 12 months. There are plenty of ways to get out of a 3 month notice period if you need to.
          yeah, i guess if i *really* want out, the old "have a furious w@nk at my desk" trick will help speed me out of the door.
          Originally posted by BolshieBastard
          You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
            Oh shut up tool!

The original poster asked for advice. Stop being a pretenious pcg nob.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
            X