• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glasgow contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glasgow contracts

I'm returning to the Glasgow area having completed my latest contract and, want to put some feelers out about Basis (yeah Basis as in SAP) posts in the pipe line...anyone? Like to be local for family reasons so, Aberdeen and Edinburgh are out.. Trust you more than the pimps so, don't go too overboard with the humor stuff

Originally posted by TomDolan View Post
    Trust you more than the pimps so, don't go too overboard with the humor stuff
    humour

Your trust is misplaced!
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Where would we be without people like you

Thanks Richard

Comment

Originally posted by TomDolan View Post
        I'm returning to the Glasgow area having completed my latest contract and, want to put some feelers out about Basis (yeah Basis as in SAP) posts in the pipe line...anyone? Like to be local for family reasons so, Aberdeen and Edinburgh are out.. Trust you more than the pimps so, don't go too overboard with the humor stuff
        You'll start getting answers after Monday morning. Most contractors on here only post in chargeable time!

Meanwhile: some thoughts.

How might you be able to find out who the SAP customers are in Glasgow?
        How might you be able to find out who the Basis users are in Glasgow?
        Would Google give the answer? Would local newspaper web site searches help?
        Would approaching these companies direct work?
        Do you have a good working relationship with any agents located in Glasgow?
        Could you do a Jobserve search of Basis / SAP jobs in Glasgow and from them work out who the employers might be? And from that, approach them directly?
        Have you done a "SAP and GLASGOW" search on Jobserve and then made sure your CV is with every agency that comes up? Ditto for Basis .and. Glasgow.

It sounds like location is more important to you than anything else right now. Will you consider permie work? If not, why not? The security is not much different.

Finally, the Google.co.uk search for "sap basis glasgow" returns 163,000 hits. That should keep you busy for a while...
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Going through that process

Thx again Richard...

I've done or in the process of doing the things you list, just thought this would be additional avenue to explore...

Comment

Working...
          X