• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cleaner/Gardener

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaner/Gardener

I'm thinking of employing a cleaner and a gardener and getting my ltd co to pay them. I work from home so I should think this is a valid business expense but talking to others they seem to think Hector wouldn't be very pleased. What's the general consensus?

Yeah I'm lazy and single and wish to stay that way!
    Have Fun!

Wouldn't that be a disguised Co Sec

Comment

Do you have business clients coming to your home? In other words does your insurance cover business clients at your home office? If not then no you can't get a gardener.

And with the cleaner if they are cleaning parts of your house that you don't use for business use i.e. your bedroom, bathroom then you have to pay for it yourself.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

On a similar note: I am working AWAY from home and have rented a house which I crash at 3 or 4 times a week (with a now very overgrown garden )....

Can anyone advise as to whether I could pay a cleaner / gardener to come round and sort out the pig-stye that I am currently living in??

Ta

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Pilgrim View Post

Can anyone advise as to whether I could pay a cleaner / gardener to come round and sort out the pig-stye that I am currently living in??
          Plenty of people on the bench at the moment!

Comment

Working...
          X