• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Natwest Business Banking Drops ALL interest on Business Current Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    They get worse... i opened my account with them at beginning of May and still have not received any cash cards, but i have received my paying in book etc. i've also had no response to my application for online banking that was sent 2nd week of May.

So Saturday, i call my BM but they dont work weekends (Fair play!) so i call the business support desk. it turns out they wont speak to me as i'm cleared for phone banking. they transfer me to the team that does this, and also do online banking apps (same thing apparently!). they've not recieved anything so will send me forms out. it will take about 5-10 working days.

I call my BM ranting on the voicemail cos i wasnt happy (as you could understand). he calls me back this afternoon. he apologises, i should have recieved card, and he will chase the online access app. a little bit of talk (waffle from him) and then he says he will get the card ordered as they havent done it yet (contradiction there!). so i ask about the interest, which i've yet to be informed of... he mumbles that 'yes there is no interest paid...' no apology, nothing! he didnt even comment when i asked if i had been mis sold as he told me there was interest on the account of about 2.5%...

not happy. may open a new account somewhere else and take it from there... there is nothing more i hate than poor customer service.
    When I opened the account I had the same problem took nearly 2.5 months and constant calls. They never explained to me as well that if I opened the account in branch I would have to deal with the branch business manager who you can never get hold of, plus if you dont want to deal with the branch business manager rather than transfer you existing account to a totally phone based one you have to re-apply and open a new account, ffs !

I have kicked up a big stink with Natwest 3 times now over the business account, I gave them oportunity to resolve but nothing did it was still as bad as ever. Natwest have got major problems business banking wise but dont do anything.

Comment

I was with NatWest from when I left college to when they got taken over by the Royal Bank of Scotland. That was when their customer service became spectacularly awful.

I don't mean VirginMedia / British Gas type of awful, I mean really serious cockups too but it is impossible to get anyone to respond to your complaints.

They are not fit to be in business, let alone banking.

I'd open a Northern Rock account before considering using NatWest again.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        I was with NatWest from when I left college to when they got taken over by the Royal Bank of Scotland. That was when their customer service became spectacularly awful.

I don't mean VirginMedia / British Gas type of awful, I mean really serious cockups too but it is impossible to get anyone to respond to your complaints.

They are not fit to be in business, let alone banking.

I'd open a Northern Rock account before considering using NatWest again.
        I had an offshore account with first active. taken over by RBOS. customer service dire. I have now moved my money and will not use them again.

Comment

just mailed this thread to the NWB Business Banking Director. I'll let you know what happens

Comment

The answer is simple - switch to Cater Allen. I'm seriously considering moving my personal account there as well.
            Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Torran View Post
              just mailed this thread to the NWB Business Banking Director. I'll let you know what happens
              please do. he can have my email and phone number if he wants to discuss further! My issues are at the Rochdale Branch.
              I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Im trying to close my Nat West Business account because I went for the Abbey free banking.

Nat West will NOT close the account despite 3 telephone call, 3 visits and 2 letters. When I first told them to close it, they said it could only be closed by a business manager. Oh aye, did he open it then or did I?

I dont owe them anything and even emptied the account as they said because they 'couldnt close an account with any money in it'!

Now, they've added 2 months charges to an account that had no outstanding charges. They say these have to be paid first. But, if I make a payment to the account, this will incurr a small charge which in turn prevents the account being closed.

You couldnt make it up!

Go to Abbey instead.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

The answer is.....

Cater Allen Private Bank (part of Satander group)

Good interest rates and no fees for low number of monthly transactions (plenty for average contractor). Makes me hundreds of pounds of free money!!!

Superb UK call centre (best I've ever come across).

Online banking too and you get a free Visa card linked to the account (after 6 months) to make buying gadgets (for business purposes only of course) and day to day business expenses a breeze.

Simple and effective.

Do it.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Cater Allen Private Bank (part of Satander group)

Good interest rates and no fees for low number of monthly transactions (plenty for average contractor). Makes me hundreds of pounds of free money!!!

Superb UK call centre (best I've ever come across).

Online banking too and you get a free Visa card linked to the account (after 6 months) to make buying gadgets (for business purposes only of course) and day to day business expenses a breeze.

Simple and effective.

Do it.
                    WHS!

Comment

Sound very much like the issues I had with Barclays.

Wanted to charge me £5.50 per account per month to do sod all. Everything is done on-line .

The only time in a year I had a call from the Business Manager was when he introduced himself as my new manager as the previous one had moved on. Phoned him back the next day with a query telling him my name and myco name and he didn't have a clue who I was .

The next contact he had from me was my account closure request from HSBC.

Been very happy with their free banking

Comment

Working...
                      X