• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client lost contract - Worth approaching new company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client lost contract - Worth approaching new company?

Found out today though that my client (Big name!) just lost a contract with their client which they got 6 months ago. Not good times for them.

However, I reckon it's worth my agency approaching the new company with my details - but there is some speculation that this could be breach of contract for the agency.

I say not but what do you guys reckon?

Originally posted by TheVoice View Post
    Found out today though that my client (Big name!) just lost a contract with their client which they got 6 months ago. Not good times for them.

However, I reckon it's worth my agency approaching the new company with my details - but there is some speculation that this could be breach of contract for the agency.

I say not but what do you guys reckon?
    Why don't you approach the new company and go direct?

Comment

Lord yes, ditch the agency. Because they probably do have an anti-poaching clause with your "big name", and the "big name" probably has one with your "new company". But your co is 3 steps away from the "new company", and even if there is one at such a degree of separation, it would be hard to make it stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
        Why don't you approach the new company and go direct?
        Unfortunately they only hire contractors through agencies (lord knows why they want to waste their money...!)

It's also such a chaotic company that has the new contract (might as well tell you - Accenture!) that finding the person in charge is likely to take forever!

Hey ho, I could probably do with some me time in June anyway...problem is it'll be longer than just June ATM, right?!

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          Lord yes, ditch the agency. Because they probably do have an anti-poaching clause with your "big name", and the "big name" probably has one with your "new company". But your co is 3 steps away from the "new company", and even if there is one at such a degree of separation, it would be hard to make it stick.
          It's not hard to make it stick at all. If they wanted to pursue it they easily could. Whether they would wish to is a different matter.

And the reason they wish to 'waste their money' using an agency is because it is completely the opposite and saves them money. Less admin costs for payrolling etc... and less staff costs for recruitment.

Comment

Originally posted by Emily View Post
            It's not hard to make it stick at all. If they wanted to pursue it they easily could. Whether they would wish to is a different matter.

And the reason they wish to 'waste their money' using an agency is because it is completely the opposite and saves them money. Less admin costs for payrolling etc... and less staff costs for recruitment.
            You are DodgyAgent and I claim my 5 free fake cv's

Comment

Working...
            X