• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Roaming Phone number and address

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roaming Phone number and address

All,

Just setting up a business from home hope to at some point move into some offices.

I would like to provide my customers with a phone number and mailing address that follows me around.

Anyone got any advice?

For post, I know I can get a post box, but I think I have to fetch the mail from them, whereas I want it delviered to whereever my business is at that time.

Cheers,
    Mike

Roaming

Presumably you have been in touch with Royal Mail for redirection , plus, BT will sell you an 08 number which is redirected to any other given number. They not that expensive either.

Comment

You need a Flextel Number

See www.flextel.co.uk/

These are free of charge to acquire but callers are charged a supplement.

Comment

Mike,

I've just got two 0845 numbers set up - for free - from a company someone recommended to me. So far so good. They also provide voicemail/switchboard type services too, although these incur a charge.

As for a PO Box. It'll cost you £54 pa to have a box, and a further £54 pa to get it delivered to your chosen address.

However, you might not be able to move it to your new addresses (offices) if it's not in the same area (the first 5 characters of the post code have to match I think...).

If you want more information then drop me a line and I'll pass on the contact info.

Cheers,

Kev

[email protected]

Comment

Re: Or Callsure

Royal Mail will redirect a P.O. Box for an extra £49/year.

I use CallSure for a static (0871) number that I can divert anywhere. Used them for about a year with no problems. When you answer the phone, it says 'press # to accept' so you know it's someone dialing your business line. If you don't want to speak to any business bods, it diverts to voicemail if you don't press #. Very useful for work-from-home types like me

There's no charges for me (unless diverting to a mobile), but caller pays national call rate. They do fax as well, which you can receive by email.

www.callsure07050.co.uk/

They have a simple control panel where you can set the redirect instantly (can even set it to try several numbers if one isn't answering), and whether calls go to voice mail (received as email) etc. They've got a new Virtual Switchboard available if you want something fancy like press 1 for Sales, 2 for the Janitor.

Comment

Has anyone any other companies to recommend re: getting a national rate 0870 number who don't charge every time I re-route it to a different BT land-line?

Any suggestions very welcome!

Comment

Surfer,

you're not in Smichov anymore ?

I'd have thought you'd have Oscar roaming.

Milan.

Comment

I'm there now Milan but moving to Flora, more mates over that part of town and got a nicer flat! I'm setting up a non-contracting sideline with a mate UK based..very early stages tho...

Comment

...take a look at work2live.co.uk, we can take care of all that stuff for you me lad. global roaming, entrepreneurial types r us. sorry! am I allowed to sell my wares on here in so open a fashion?

Comment

flextel are great but i dont believe they work from abroad (mine don't), I use Mail Box etc mbe.com for mailboxes. They have served me very well for years. I also use two 0845 numbers from efax that cost me 100 quid i think and work just great.

Comment

Working...
                    X