• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expense non processed with Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expense non processed with Umbrella

Hi all,
    I worked with an Umbrella company for 6 months (form Oct 07 to Apr08)
    my Umbrella company didn't process all the expense I claimed (they said me they simply miss to compute and to process).
    now I decided to stop my business with them and open my own ltd.
    what should I do to have money of expense they didn't process?
    I asked them to fix their calculation and pay me the difference, but they don't want....
    from their calcultation it's missing £600.

what should I do? I would considered this money loose?

is it possible/convenient to make tax return with an Umbrella Company?

Thanks for your help.
    Stelio

When completing your SA return, put the expenses in the relevant box of the employment schedule thus reducing yuor taxable income, thus tax.

Comment

Originally posted by stelio View Post
      Hi all,
      I worked with an Umbrella company for 6 months (form Oct 07 to Apr08)
      my Umbrella company didn't process all the expense I claimed (they said me they simply miss to compute and to process).
      now I decided to stop my business with them and open my own ltd.
      what should I do to have money of expense they didn't process?
      I asked them to fix their calculation and pay me the difference, but they don't want....
      from their calcultation it's missing £600.

what should I do? I would considered this money loose?

is it possible/convenient to make tax return with an Umbrella Company?

Thanks for your help.
      Stelio
      Sue them. They can’t have it both ways. Technically they were your employer, and Judge will see it that way.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
      X