• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

one agency sent my CV but another agnecy informed me of intervew

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one agency sent my CV but another agnecy informed me of intervew

The first agency put forward my CV, but no response. The second agency helped me to ask the client, then informed me of an intervew. Does it mean the the second agency has better relation with the client?

I should say so.

Other option is that the first one only pretended to like you.

Either way, ignore the first one from now on. They had their chance and they blew it.

Comment

Originally posted by topgun View Post
      The first agency put forward my CV, but no response. The second agency helped me to ask the client, then informed me of an intervew. Does it mean the the second agency has better relation with the client?
      Agents often tell a candidate they are putting them forward for a role, and then don't. The reason is so that they can submit their other preferred candidates, whilst taking out potential competitors from the market. Happened to me several times that I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
        Agents often tell a candidate they are putting them forward for a role, and then don't. The reason is so that they can submit their other preferred candidates, whilst taking out potential competitors from the market. Happened to me several times that I know.
        So we should use other agencies against the first agency!

Comment

Originally posted by topgun View Post
          So we should use other agencies against the first agency!
          Well, read this and decide.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...same-role.html

Who knows!

TM

Comment

The best way is to tell the second agency that you believe another agency has put you forward, but are not 100% positive if it is the same role. The pimp will then suggest they call the client and ask if they have received a resume from you, and if they haven't put you forward.

Of course more bulltulip may ensue, but IMHO it increases the chance of your resume being put forward and minimises the chance of getting an auto bin because of multiple resumes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco;
              The best way is to tell the second agency that you believe another agency has put you forward, but are not 100% positive if it is the same role. The pimp will then suggest they call the client and ask if they have received a resume from you, and if they haven't put you forward.

Of course more bulltulip may ensue, but IMHO it increases the chance of your resume being put forward and minimises the chance of getting an auto bin because of multiple resumes.
              I have to agree with Ardesco this makes sense to me at least. I have the same situation at the moment, were I've been told by Agent A your details have been sent. Agent B calls with what I think is the same gig, I'm waiting to get the spec from Agent B, if its the same then I'll say so.

Comment

Never believe and Agency when they say they are putting you forward.
                I have always let myself be put forward more than once.
                Agencies will never persue the "I put the candidate forward first line", it's difficult to prove and they risk losing the client permanently.
                threenine.co.uk
                Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Working...
                X