• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hi New Here.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi New Here.

Hi All,

I'm glad I've found this forum! I am new here and desperately trying to read up on the pros and cons of opting in or out.

A bit of my background, I used to contract, before the ir35 regulations were introduced, through a limited company. My husband now also runs the limited company offering other services. I have been offered a contract and it’s all a bit puzzling with the Opt out / opt in I am being asked to provide an answer to. I have asked the agency for further information and they provided a useless link. The web is of course my friend. But I can’t find a straight answer to the pro’s and con’s of opting in or out.

Thanks for any help...

BTW I am making my way through the searches for agency regulations I know it has been discussed a lot.....

Comment

Originally posted by Malteaser View Post
      Hi All,

I'm glad I've found this forum! I am new here and desperately trying to read up on the pros and cons of opting in or out.

A bit of my background, I used to contract, before the ir35 regulations were introduced, through a limited company. My husband now also runs the limited company offering other services. I have been offered a contract and it’s all a bit puzzling with the Opt out / opt in I am being asked to provide an answer to. I have asked the agency for further information and they provided a useless link. The web is of course my friend. But I can’t find a straight answer to the pro’s and con’s of opting in or out.

Thanks for any help...
      It's said(rightly or wrongly) that opting out helps you stay out of IR35...not sure that is true..but there you go.

Basically like most stuff Prudence and his buddies have dreamt up over the years, it's not clear cut.

My advice...don't vote for them. They suck.

Sorry not to be more helpful.

Comment

Ltd Co contractors should opt out.

Comment

You should join the Professional Contractors Group. They have loads of helpful advice for people like you, and they're certain to talk sense about opting out of the agency regulations (the official name is something like the Conduct of Employment Businesses regulations).

This question gets asked here a few times every month, but annoyingly you can't search this forum for "opt" because the word's too short!

Comment

Thanks for the responces, it's all a bit put a finger in the air and hope for the best from the research.

I've opted out, but over the next month will join the PCG and take out their plus insurance, for a bit of peace of mind...

We are members of the FSB but that's for other insurance bits and bobs...

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
              Ltd Co contractors should opt out.
              wrong - there's no definitive correct choice...personal preference.
              Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Welcome
                    WHS
                    That boy go raaaaaaa
                    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment