• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract/Bidding websites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract/Bidding websites

Hi Guys n Gals,

Been lurking for quite some time and decided to brave my first post!

I remember seeing (on here I think) some websites that provided the service of linking up people to contracts for one-off pieces of work.
    Can anyone point me in the direction of any of these sites please?

Thanks a lot.

Been looking as well, see "Direct contract site" post further down.
    a beer in the hand is worth 2 in the fridge...

Comment

Thanks,

But what I'm looking for is a little different to that.

I know that there were 3/4 sites discussed here quite a while ago. These arent direct contractor to client but more like piece work, ie. 'build a website for me' then someone will quote for it.

Comment

contract sites

Plenty of these about - all full of indians doing everything for $2.50

Specs are so poor as to be laughable.

To be fair I have seen the odd one that was sensible, develop an ocx to do xyz, but I dont think you will make any money. Or do you want to cheaply subcontract ?

try googling on freelance contractor

Comment

Guess meaning something like rest-a-coder ?
          They are not worth it, as said above just tons of Indians and Russians charging what amounts to about £1 per day for the most part.

While the higher rated western people can charge more they have to do tons of this low paying (or as i prefure to see huge loss making) stuff to get someone to give them those contracts

Comment

Working...
          X