• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need right company setup for Switzerland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need right company setup for Switzerland

I would appreciate any advice on my situation. I am a U.S. citizen with permanent residence in Germany, but this not give me any benefit of the Swiss-EU agreement. I have signed a contract for six-months in Switzerland starting in September, but now I need to work out the visa issues. The Swiss embassy tells me I need an employer in order to work there.

Any recommendations for a company who could put me on the payroll and ensure tax efficiency and profitable handling of my money?

Thanks!
    David

I can appreciate where you're coming from! I'm Canadian, but based in Switzerland and I know exactly how complicated it is!! I sub-contract under a management company, and that's how I got my permit. But in your case, if your contract is only a 6 monther, then that's only around 120 work days. There is a permit called the L-120 permit that has no quotas/no restrictions on nationality and it is a permit that allows you to be in Switzerland for 120 days within a calendar year PROVIDED that you maintain your domicile in Germany (or America....just anywhere outside Switzerland).

I'm thinking of leaving Switzerland soon, so if your contract is in Zurich, I might be able to propose a very slick and stylish apartment for your needs!!

Contact me offline if you need more info.

HTH

Comment

Crown Royal are you still looking to off load that flat? as I have just secured a contract out in Zurich

Comment

Working...
      X