• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Independent contract to work package

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independent contract to work package

Hi,

Can anyone explain to me why a client would be terminating independent contractor but would consider moving the same contractor to a work package and renew? Many such work packages exist at the clients mainly by Indian companies. What difference does this make to the client if the rate they pay me does not take a hit?

Is there a catch here? What about IR35 (I'm outside currently)?

Texto

Sounds like they are trying to get you to bid for a piece of work at a fixed price.

Seems like they are trying to fix costs which seems pretty standard. Only a good thing for IR35 from where you are.

Comment

Work package would likely be a deliverable to a price I would have thought:

i.e. Develop widget app £10k, rather than develop widget app for 6 months at 2k per week. Therefore the onus is on you to deliver asap.

Comment

That's what is confusing me. It is not at a fixed price. Will be same at a daily rate which is what I'm on now.

Comment

Probably to due with budgets.

Instead of being assigned to a "department" you are assigned to a work package. So that pays for you. When its finised so are you.

Comment

Working...
          X