• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Longest Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the contract I'm in now I had an initial hour with a project manager, then they wanted me to do a brainbench test (I'd just done one for another bank so I got away without doing it), then they brought me in for a technical interview - another hour, then I was interviewed by phone late at night by the team lead from the states - that was 1.5 hours.

It was all rather lengthy. The procedure here for contractors is the same as for permies.

Comment

I had an hour long one followed by a technical test. I was asked to wait on someone other than the interviewer coming to get me to show me out as he showed me the test room.

I finished the test, hung around for 20 mins, went looking for this person, found them, showed them the laptop with my test answers, asked for them to be passed on to the interviewer.

Clueless gimp proceeded to delete what I had done, oblivious to the test element of the interview. Communication in that organisation indeed.

I ran away. Quickly.

Comment

nice

well just started ringing up agents and applying on jobserve around early January, got a call for an interview near Tottenham Court Road, but stage 1 is just a multiple choice test. There are 6 of us in total, 2 finished so quickly before me i was like they must be super intelligent why are they even here!
        With no instructions on what to do once your finished, I take the paper upstairs but leave the exam paper downstairs since why does it matter. The Lady who took us downstairs and prepped us for the test seemed moody, I wasn't impressed!

Next few days i get a call, the agent accuses me of stealing the exam paper and I am like wtf, why would i take an exam paper home with me, I said i left it down stairs in the meeting room and just handed my paper with the marks to the receptionist, none the less I never heard from them again

If i see this agent in real life i will Knock him the £$%|^ out!

I bet a cleaner just threw it in the bin or something
        Last edited by trsisko; 29 February 2008, 00:09.

Comment

Working...
        X