• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much experience do you need to have a decent chance of a contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Damn straight. I've only ever "won" one contract.
    Same as me. I landed a contract the normal route just the once 4 years ago, been trading off the back of the quality of that work and the contacts made then ever since.

NN
    Last edited by NickNick; 25 February 2008, 15:39.
    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
    "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Confidence is the key and the ability to talk. To be truthful technical skills(dependent on role) can be secondary.

Having met realityhack for example, you come to realise you dont actually need to have any IT knowledge as long as you can act like a noddytail party host!
      And if you can't.

Such comments always annoy me.

If I was the super sharpe sales and marketing man, wouldn't I be working in the sales and/or marketing department by now?

Most techies are techies because there aren't super sharpe saleman types. Telling them that they need to be, isn't helpful IMHO

tim

Comment

Working...
      X