• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Northwest Contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northwest Contracts

I am currently a permie considering contract work, hopefully in Northwest England. I would welcome any views on the contract market generally but especially in the Liverpool/Cheshire/Manchester area. Also, what would be the best time of the year to take the plunge ?

Thanks

Terry

Anything to do with the civil service.

There are several groups in the Liverpool up to the Barrow n Furness line.

That should be a relatively easy introduction, just remember working with civil savants: they may spout a lot of buzz words, but they know fsck all what they mean.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      Anything to do with the civil service.

There are several groups in the Liverpool up to the Barrow n Furness line.

That should be a relatively easy introduction, just remember working with civil savants: they may spout a lot of buzz words, but they know fsck all what they mean.

Pot? Kettle?

Oh, Threaded, how are your Lambo's? Have you found them yet?

Comment

Re: NorthWest

Depends on your skillset but there is bog-all around in the area between Preston/Birmingham/Liverpool/Leeds for most of them !

Comment

There is piss all in the NW for contracts. and crap for rates too...Manchester would probably have more contracts than the others...Preston and Blackburn are ghost towns as far as contracts go...

I was even considering going for tenders things are so bad.

Salik.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Its certainly not the South East contract wise but I know quite a few lads who survive contracting in MS stuff without having to travel. I'm more niche and have to go on the road sometimes but landed lucky this time with a 1yr+ contract 20 mins from home.

Comment

research it

Contracting is a bit like fishing. You can be standing next to somebody who is catching whopping large fish while you don't even get a nibble.
              Same can be said that sometimes you're trying to decide between multiple contracts.

Your best bet is:
              jobserve.com

Always do some back ground checking before you leap since the market can go up and down. Ask anybody here about the years 2001-3 and the number of contractors who didn't make it through ...

Comment

Working...
              X