• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two F's in Off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two F's in Off

Got this through a minute ago:-

Dear Weemster,

I am urgently seeking a c#.net Developer, with at least 1-2 year's experience, to start an exciting new contract.

Start Date: 4 February
    Rate:£15 per hour

Please reply immediately ONLY if you are immediately available and have the above mentioned skills.

You know what I replied ???

Where's that "Crap rate of the day" thread gone...? Used to give me a few laughs!
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Do Pimps actually get any response to these things? I often see ads lurking around for ages at really manky rates - they can't just be fishing for CVs surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        Do Pimps actually get any response to these things? I often see ads lurking around for ages at really manky rates - they can't just be fishing for CVs surely?
        Fishing for non-EU visas more likely.

We should make up a new word for this practice - fishting maybe?
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Fishing for non-EU visas more likely.

We should make up a new word for this practice - fishting maybe?
          I still don't get the pimps angle on this........

Comment

Since I put a fake reference on an old CV (after having a year off work and wanting to cover the gap), my mate who volunteered as he too has a limited company, still gets weekly emails off agencies asking if he's interested in their latest available candidates.

I'm almost tempted to ask him to set up a fake job interview and apply for it myself, to find out exactly what these agencies get up to and how much of a cut they take. Then hand out a gotcha award after leading them well and truly up the garden path, and back down again.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
            X