• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Holland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in Holland

Hi,

Been offered a contract in Holland but was wondering if anyone has any info on the tax rules and whether umbrella companies are available.

Cheers

R

I was over there a few years ago.

The agency insisted I was paid through a firm of accountants of their choice. This is to do with 'chain law' that exists out there apparently - the agency are liable for any unpaid tax etc. The accountants applied for the '30% rule' ,which gives a proportion of tax relief to non residents. (I think it was 35% back then) I saw about 70% of my money in the end. Until the '30% rule' came through I was taxed at over 50% - but I got it all back.

Tax is large out there, so do your homework before you sign.

Great country. Lovely people.

Comment

Working...
    X