• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Olympic Contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic Contracts

http://www.london2012.com/get-involv...work/index.php

Described elsewhere as a kind of dating agency for businesses, it's the place to go to bid for contracts available as part of the 2012 Olympic work. Not just in the building trade although I would guess that is the focus at the moment, but all across IT hardware and software services as well.

Vaccancies are listed on the govt website 'compete for', which has a whole bunch of other contracts on there. (Or at least it did last time I looked)
    https://www.competefor.com/london2012business/login.jsp

So there you go, grab yourself a piece of the 2012 action. If, of course, you can navigate the website that is.

NN
    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
    "See?"

I thought I'd be smart and get in there early. Somehow, I don't think they were expected one man bands to sign up as i was rejected for lacking a "Quality System".

If anyone works out how to register as a one-man band, please let me know!

Cheers

R

Comment

Originally posted by too_many_details View Post
      I thought I'd be smart and get in there early. Somehow, I don't think they were expected one man bands to sign up as i was rejected for lacking a "Quality System".

Cheers

R
      Did you try and register for a specific contract? Which one? I looked for female volleyball but found nothing.

Comment

You don't need to choose a contract. You can make your skills available because, in practice, contracts tend to get subcontracted....

R

Comment

What are you bidding for?

Infrastructure? Support? Testing? You are obviously new to contracting, otherwise you should know that these contracts tend to go to IBM, EDS, Atos, Siemens, Fujitsu etc. They get the big slices of the pie, then divide it to smaller fry - we/you are way down the food chain.
          Most of the work gets done in the last 2 years, so keep an eye for it in 2010.

Comment

I registered and passed the "quality system" part.

Then again I was going for the logistics stuff and the temp warehousesing that they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
              Infrastructure? Support? Testing? You are obviously new to contracting, otherwise you should know that these contracts tend to go to IBM, EDS, Atos, Siemens, Fujitsu etc. They get the big slices of the pie, then divide it to smaller fry - we/you are way down the food chain.
              Most of the work gets done in the last 2 years, so keep an eye for it in 2010.
              indeed - get pally with the big boys and they'll throw you a few bones
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Cheers

R
                I guess they want enture to charge £2k per day for indians...

Comment

Cheers

R
                  And yet, Fujitsu are doing some of the work.

The irony.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Tried to register but they made me jump through rings all day.

Reminds me of the time I applied for a permie position at Audi. They didn't seem impressed when I mentioned I'd had a quattro, and pulled out a picture of Suzi.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X