• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving from the US to France - working in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving from the US to France - working in the UK

I'm trying to get a handle on the rates in various European countries. I was working in the US for the last 8 years and became a Data Warehouse/BI "expert" using SQL Server and SSAS.

I've got a tech book published and wrote a few articles, spoke at a few conferences and got myself to that "expert" status.

In any case, I'm moving back to Paris, but seeing how the rates there are sh*t - I'm looking to London which is really just a skip and a hop away.

I see ads generally in the 400/day in the UK while I've heard that some people get 600, 700, or 800 a day. Is this realistic at all?

I hate to use listed ads as a meaure because those reflect what the client (or the recruiter) *wants* to pay. In the US, the rates would show $50/hr (approx 200/day UK), but I generally charged twice to three times that rate. I suppose that those that are willing to pay well don't exactly want to advertise that fact up front.

Thanks in advance!

Working...
X