• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency referral fee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency referral fee

I got a call from an agent for an agile job in London.

I was not interested, but, told the agent of somebody who I knew would be, and introduced each other by emailing details.

The guy got the gig, really pleased for him, especially as I did this as a mate, not for any referral fee.

however... agent not offered me any referral fee.

What is the right way of asking for this, assuming this is appropriate?

Like I said, it was about getting a friend sorted, but, why say no to any free money, if appropriate? Tempted to put it to charity to be honest if I get any!

referral fees...

... aren't automatic, you need to agree them in writing before you pass on the details.

You could always try "pretty please"?

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
      ... aren't automatic, you need to agree them in writing before you pass on the details.

You could always try "pretty please"?
      Ah, boooga.

Worth asking though!

Comment

Working...
      X