• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best way to cancel a previously agreed extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    However for various project-related reasons (which I wasn't aware of prior to accepting the extension) I'd really like to walk away and not renew at this time.
    So discuss this with the client, it might be something that can be resolved to your benefit.
    If they're not willing to see your expert point of view then tell them that as the conditions/requirements/project direction has changed then you will not be able to formally accept the extension.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      Exercise you right of substitution. You are ir35 compliant, I assume.
      Even if (s)he is, there no guarantee that it has been achieved by having an RoS. Making this assumptuion is silly

tim

Comment

Get with the programme fellas - ask for more cash and make sure you are on 2 weeks or no zero notice period.
        They say no - you walk, they say yes, you have extra cash and a get out clause.

Comment

Working...
        X