• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Book on Agile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book on Agile

Can anyone recommend a good book on Agile?
    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

This one has a picture of a tiger on the front so it must be good.

HTH
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Im not keen on Agile

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        This one has a picture of a tiger on the front so it must be good.

HTH
        Have you read it or were you just recommending it because of the tiger? (Which is probably reason enough)
        Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

I thought the Agile development methodology just meant "making it up as you go along", so how would there be any books on that

<DUCKS FOR COVER>

Comment

ken schwaber on Scrum is good. For the case for the prosecution, try Extreme Programming Refactored. As for Agile in general, Gonzo might be right.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
              Have you read it or were you just recommending it because of the tiger? (Which is probably reason enough)
              Purely the tiger. I hate the Agile development model.
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I hate all models. Except supermodels.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
                  Can anyone recommend a good book on Agile?
                  Which aspect of agile, and what is your current situation?

Ie, converting an existing client site (only 30% chance of success) or going to a new client with agile and they know you need to gem up, or fast track where client expects you to be an agile guru?

Are you thinking from a dev perspective or QA? (Or BA / end user for that matter).

Basically, say a little bit more about what you aim to achieve and I (and others I hope!) will be able to guide you accordingly.

There is also the technical aspect - Selenium, Fitnesse, test driven development and all that jazz, plus the defect reporting aspect that agile favours.

There are the scrums, stand-ups, game planning - just advise which aspect you need to focus on.

Comment

"Flying By The Seat Of Your Pants" by "A. Giles" will tell you everything you need to know.

(Yes this is a joke)

Agile is usually used as an excuse for not following any procedures, and from my experiance it is usually the development methodoligy used by companies whose main focus is websites.

Comment

Working...
                    X