• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Future work for subcontractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future work for subcontractors

Hi,

I do a lot of work for a consultancy company, who also use a lot of other contractors via agencies.

My relationship is a direct one.

Now, their software services director has (over a beer), had a chat with me about putting more work my way, that would require me to supply some subcontractors in the future.

This is in the J2EE arena specifically in IBM/Rational. So I would need good J2EE people with experience of Rational Application Developer, Rational Software Architect and of course WebSphere Application Server 6.1, WebSphere Portal Server 6, and of course WCM.

The other thing is the majority of their work is between 1 and 6 weeks with -some- longer engagements.

So this is for possible, future, mostly short term work at good rates.

Anyone who is good in this skillset and works mostly in either the North West or around London mabe we can have a chat about this over a beer?

I gotta reiterate one point though.. I have no requirement right now for subcontractors, this is a -future- requirement.

Comment

tit

not spam. a genuine enquiry

Comment

Forgive me if I am mistaken but this is the board to post general business things and *contract opportunities*

I have a chance to expand my business but by doing so I need to have a pool of people I can rely on.

It was my (perhaps foolish) assumption that this place was all about networking, sharing information for mutual benefit?

If that is SPAM then so be it.. I guess I am a spammer.

Comment

That's a bit harsh Wilmslow, especially towards a fellow North Westerner.

We know you think "look for work" = "go crawling to an agency" but some of us are more imaginative about such things.

Comment

Come to the northern piss up (in Manchester) where we can get you pissed. Then we'll accept you.

Comment

sounds like a plan sockpuppet.

I will be there!

Comment

blaa.. so many postings.. can you send me a link to the pissup thread SP?

Comment

is this http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...rthern-do.html the one you were talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                    Come to the northern piss up (in Manchester) where we can get you pissed. Then we'll accept you.
                    I will defo be there, client permitting

Comment

Working...
                    X