• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency removed substitution clause on renewal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency removed substitution clause on renewal

So several contractors working for a large firm on very long term contracts renewing via the same pimp every 6 or 12 months, usually its same contract sent out but with new dates, sign return. Only this time without mentioning anything the agency has removed the substitution clause and inserted a non-substitution clause and has also removed a limited liability clause and one that said something like we'll pay you even if the client doesnt pay us.

Naughty i call it - pay's to read renewals carefully even if they look identical to the last one.

Thought i'd post it in case anyone else is working for an agency with the initials JL and is due to renew.

Excellent spot and the best place to post this - always treat each new contract as skeptically as the first.

Comment

renewals don't need to be a new contract anyway do they ? mine in the past have usually just been a letter confirming the T&C apply to a new schedule...
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
        renewals don't need to be a new contract anyway do they ? mine in the past have usually just been a letter confirming the T&C apply to a new schedule...
        It depends how the agency wants to do it. Mine tend to have been a new schedule to existing T&Cs but some will send a whole new contract.

If they send a new contract, make sure you're happy with it before continuing work.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

If you continued work before they sent you the new contract just write in the substitution clause and send it back to them and tell them you won't sign it until it is back in.

Legally you are still bound by the terms of your initial contract and they cant force any changes on you if i remember correctly (This only applies to an extension that is a continuation of your existing contract).

Comment

Working...
          X