• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

christmas lunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

christmas lunch

if you go on a christmas lunch with the client just to keep them happy and be part ot the "team" etc, even though you'd rather be doing something else (even work). Then....

Would you claim the 2 hours in the pub as working time??? or is that really tight and taking the biscuit? If you didnt have to go you'd be getting 2 hours more pay (or at least an hour if you went to lunch yourself.

may the abuse begin.....

definitely bill for it if it's in working hours.

Comment

I have a contract with a large company and all contractors are told to bill for the time.

The meal was also paid for by the client.

Comment

Its really down to your agreement with the client. Do you bill when you go to the toilet? Do you bill when you chat with the wife/husband/partner/imaginary friend on the phone? These days I try and keep my contracts day rate so I am paid anyway but if you have a timesheet to have signed as many do then if its signed you are paid if its not then you may not be. When I used to have timesheets I always got it signed just before we went when everyone was in a good mood or just after esp if beers involved. But if it was me I would expect it to be paid unless the permies were made to book off time and in that case you always dont have to go if losing the money means that much to you.

Comment

When I was working on a major integration project for a bank last year we used to spend half the day in the boozer every day on a backout week, and they got billed.

Bill em for everything, drink the free ale and eat the free food, and laugh to yourself that they are also paying you sh*tloads of cash for the pleasure, oh and if you get chance bang the best looking bird there or bloke depending on what you prefer.

Sorry its the ex-squaddie in me.

Comment

good point, there s a great looking blonde bird there. i'll have to try and do her during work hours.

Comment

I am paid for a 8 hour minimum day and usually do 9.5 hours en to end. Now I usually just pop out for a sarnie - 5 minutes out. So I try to get the other 85 minutes back somehow...

If I dont get back the time I do a half day. Boss thinks I get paid for half-day, but I still get a full days money!

Comment

Working...
              X