• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Basle, Switzerland Tax?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basle, Switzerland Tax?

Hi all
    Looking at oppurtunities in Basle, does anyone know if it is any advantage to contract out there for tax benfits please?

See this thread

working in Switzerland

Comment

working in switzerland

I did contract in Zug near Zurich, this is the lowest tax canton. Tax was suppose to be around 12% plus insurances. Where I got shafted was that my agency was based in Nurchatel(spell) which is in an expensive canton and that was where my work permit was issued.
      Tax and Insurances for Swizerland are a nightmare to understand. In the end I got the deductions down to 22% of gross by claiming all my expenses. Make sure that you are out of the Uk for the full tax year otherwise there is another nightmare of the double-taxation law.

Comment

Re: working in switzerland

"Where I got shafted was that my agency was based in Nurchatel(spell) which is in an expensive canton and that was where my work permit was issued. "

I'm curious, Which canton were you actually living in? AFAIK you pay tax in the canton you live in, not where your employer is based.

Comment

Have a look at www.basel.ch/ for general info on Basel.

Tax at www.steuer.bs.ch/ if you can read German.

Comment

Switzerland

I'm not surprised, they weren't fully legal with what they were doing

Last I heard the guy that was heading up Elan-Switz went to jail for Corporate Tax evasion.

Comment

Working...
            X