• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anybody under 30 learning Mainframe Skills nowadays ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody under 30 learning Mainframe Skills nowadays ?

Could anybody really fill this requirement from the mainframe side

Start Quote
    Our client seeks to recruit additional Programmer to join their team. They are looking for professionals who are able to produce high quality systems from both technical and functional specifications. You will need 1 years experience within a Mainframe (COBOL, PL1, CICS) or PC (VB, C, C++) environment.
    End Quote

I honestly doubt that one year after I started my mainframe career I would have been able to produce high quality systems :rolleyes

With all the masses of mainframe dinosaurs floating around the world at the moment in a state of limbo, would any company have actually begun to train someone in "the mainframe" one year ago ?

Well there is Milan from the mail room who has been trained in changing tapes. But he is young and cheap! (I don't know if he is available, I believe he got an extension :rollin )

Comment

Working...
    X