• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM to BA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM to BA?

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on moving careers from being a PM to a BA, as it would seem to me from reading posts that BA is less stressful then being a PM.

Brief outline of career

internet helpdesk
    microsoft engineers
    wireless tech sales
    general presales
    PM

I am a good PM, as have been offered permanent jobs at every single contract i've worked at....but I can't be doing with the stress....I have this problem, that when there's an issue, I feel that I have to sort it out instantly....and whilst its being resolved, I feel anxious and stressed..

when i was a presales, life was pretty dossy....but theres not much call for presales contract work.........

My thoughts are:

1. Back to a perm - junior BA for 6 months......then contract again.
    2. Blag it for contract junior BA roles...

Advice would be much appreciated...

Originally posted by wantacontract View Post
    I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on moving careers from being a PM to a BA, as it would seem to me from reading posts that BA is less stressful then being a PM.

Brief outline of career

internet helpdesk
    microsoft engineers
    wireless tech sales
    general presales
    PM

I am a good PM, as have been offered permanent jobs at every single contract i've worked at....but I can't be doing with the stress....I have this problem, that when there's an issue, I feel that I have to sort it out instantly....and whilst its being resolved, I feel anxious and stressed..

when i was a presales, life was pretty dossy....but theres not much call for presales contract work.........

My thoughts are:

1. Back to a perm - junior BA for 6 months......then contract again.
    2. Blag it for contract junior BA roles...

Advice would be much appreciated...
    As the title suggests [Business] a BA usually has a specific business or industry sector they are familiar with - ie Financial Sector, Utilities, Telecom etc.

PM is more generic, and once you done one project you should be able to do most as long as you pick up a bit of technical & business knowlwdge along the way.

If I was you I'd try and get into BA work in an area which you have sector experience of.
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Part of being a good PM is to learn how to manage the stress and pressure you get when issues arise.

You should have no problem moving into BA territory since you would have done much BA stuff as a PM, you just need to learn the methodologies that is asked of BAs.

P

Comment

Working...
      X