• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what to do....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to do....

Currently in a contract and was recently extend until the end of the year. However, the place I'm at is in alot of trouble (finance wise) and can't see another extension coming up (I was promised one last renewal where they gave me 2 months). I have been offered something elsewhere which is v tempting indeed - would it look bad if I terminate my contract and jump ship so to speak??

Cheers all

Originally posted by welsh1927 View Post
    Currently in a contract and was recently extend until the end of the year. However, the place I'm at is in alot of trouble (finance wise) and can't see another extension coming up (I was promised one last renewal where they gave me 2 months). I have been offered something elsewhere which is v tempting indeed - would it look bad if I terminate my contract and jump ship so to speak??

Cheers all
    Some people on here will say yes, as you have a contract you should stick to.

Some will say no, do what's best for you, and the client wouldn't hesitate to get rid of you if they wanted to.

I've always been in the first group, but am slowly moving to the second.

Sorry that's not much help
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Cheers all

yes!

Why would you think otherwise?

Did you really have a different question?

tim

Comment

Cheers all

You're in business, and in order to stay profitable you need to minimise risk - if that means moving from a job where you may not get paid to one where you will then do it.

Just be careful when you apply for job2 how you word your reasons for leaving job1.

PS - are you a Cardiff Fan or is 1927 random ?
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

aye indeed I am a city fan...I would ask you, but it seems obvious

cheers for the reply - heres to 3 points Sunday (although we never seem to play well on Sky)

Comment

aye indeed I am a city fan...I would ask you, but it seems obvious

cheers for the reply - heres to 3 points Sunday (although we never seem to play well on Sky)

I need to change my avatar now giggsy has signed for a few more years at Utd - perhaps I'll change it back to bellers !

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
              is 1927 random ?
              Celebrating the first broadcast of the FA cup final on radio - good call.

I don't think anything else of interest happened that year, and I'm sure Gooner would agree with me!
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Celebrating the first broadcast of the FA cup final on radio - good call.

I don't think anything else of interest happened that year, and I'm sure Gooner would agree with me!

I think england sacked their manager after failing to qualify for the finals...

..oh and my mum was born

Comment

Working...
                X