• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Been approached by two agencies for the same role...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had the experience of providing proof to our HR dept that an email an agent sent had been faked.
    The agent had attempted to show he had submitted someone's CV first by faking an email thread as if he had sent the CV a week earlier and had no reply and then resent that email as a forward. The fact that the font was incorrect for a start was a dead giveaway. He was quite aggressive as well in shout that he was first and we must only deal with him.. The commission was going to be close to £100k so he obviously thought it worth a try. He got what was coming and his agency got blacklisted. Not that he cared too much.
    If the company doesn't care there's little the agency can do as they can't see when the other agency submitted you.
    I've sent my CV direct to a company that was advertising and I had already been put through by an agency a week earlier. The copany called me and asked which I prefer so I said direct. They said no problem.

K

Comment

Working...
    X