• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private Investigator

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private Investigator

My last contract was the end for me in IT I hope and has led to my new business venture as a Professional Investigator. I had to take the agent to the Royal Courts of Justice for all the contractors on one team to get paid + substantial legal costs. All this after the work we were involved on got outsourced to India.

I have included the full investigative story at www.powercode.co.uk/picases.html

The agent intended to defraud me but gave me a new career instead as I've got fed up waiting for another contract and retrained. Now he is skint. Just hoping this new venture really takes off. Wouldn't mind investigating abuse of Visa's after losing my last contract that way.

privateeye,

How do you "become" or train as a Private Investigator ?

Thanks,
    ajh

Comment

ajh,

There is distance learning training for example at www.nig.co.uk/academy.html. No formal qualifications are required for becoming an Investigator but licencing is due in year 2004/5.

The main attribute required is resourcefullness check out www.nig.co.uk for examples of PI work etc. My route in was by becoming a victim of crime and solving itmyself as the Police could not be bothered but I certainly don't suggest that method of learning.

Comment

Good luck to you PI.

Get any cases of extra-marital rumpy pumpy where you have to video the people at it? Hard life but someone's gotta do it I suppose.

Comment

Roger Rabbit

I have lots of volunteers for those wanting to do surveillance for the extra-marital stuff. Wait till I launch my new video site!!

Comment

That's really bad luck in a way, like becoming a lawyer because you were wrongfully accused and your defence lawyer was a moron. Good luck with your life away from IT ! (Grow a 'tach and drive a Ferrari ...)

I think a lot of us on this board would be interested in tales of successfully moving on to other careers. We're all open to suggestions.

Comment

Working...
            X