• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Required docs for contract extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Required docs for contract extension

Hi
    Client has agreed to extend my current contract for 6 more months (no rate change or anything else).

On asking the agent for a copy of the new contract they sent me a 'new' Assignment Schedule. The document heading says 'Confirmation of amendment to contract'. In this the contract end date is changed to 6 months from now. It also says that all other terms and conditions from the previous contract apply.

I was wondering is this standard practice (this is my first contract and first extension) and will this suffice? The previous contract was confirmed by B&C to be outside IR35. Do I need to have this new 'Assignment schedule' reviewed again?

Thanks
    Kingshuk

Seems pretty standard practice to me - I tend to have a set of terms and conditions, and then a schedule to cover a particular engagement.

Having a new schedule that is attached to the original T&C should be fine.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

yes, you should just have a new schedule which refers to the original T&Cs
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Yes, that's normal. It's safer that way (any special terms and changes you'd negotiated have a habit of dropping out when you get full-on fresh contracts). I wouldn't bother having your lawyers re-review.

Comment

Thanks very much guys. That looks good then.

Comment

Working...
          X