• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blue arrow IT?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue arrow IT?

Has anyone worked through them? Any good or bad experiences, or how IR35-friendly are they?

I thought they just did HGV and meat-packing for £1.50 per hour stuff.

Comment

They are rubbish! Seriously tulip.

I used them for a bit for some driving work (bit more than £1.50 per hour) did 15 or so days for them and they didn't pay me.

Then they paid along with tax deducted into MyCo's bank account.

Search for the thread I made about the Small Claims Courts. They are the unlucky buggers about the get a £2k judgement against them.

Might have some bailiffs seize their servers if they don't pay up. You know feck them up properly. Or seize their router.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        They are rubbish! Seriously tulip.

I used them for a bit for some driving work (bit more than £1.50 per hour) did 15 or so days for them and they didn't pay me.

Then they paid along with tax deducted into MyCo's bank account.

Search for the thread I made about the Small Claims Courts. They are the unlucky buggers about the get a £2k judgement against them.

Might have some bailiffs seize their servers if they don't pay up. You know feck them up properly. Or seize their router.
        Well done, to you! The gits.

I used to work for a small agency (light assembly, packing, etc.) in St. Albans yonks ago, when a student. The thing that got my goat was the lining-up each morning to be selected by the ugly, fat, greasy toad of a bint that ran the joint. I think she got off on it. And they paid when they felt like it.

Comment

Oh dear. Choosing between these and Progressive. I'll guess I'll just go for the one with the better rate.

Comment

As an aside.

I may have allegedly won my SCC judgement today. Against a company that may or may not be the ones mentioned above.

I knew they ruled in the favour of me the money just turned up today.

Woo.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

This might be a bit late for you, but I'm working through Blue Arrow right now.

I'm guessing we could even be working on the same gig?

I'm finding them to be absolutely fine - Luke seems like a reasonable guy, they pay me every week without fail (for all 3 weeks of it so far!) and are easy to deal with.
                I got the contract reviewed by B&C and I think it was well worth it - they have some good sounding clauses in the contract, but not actually worth anything to me apparently!! Sarah from B&C added a few extra bits and they were very agreeable and included them without fuss.

HTH

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated! I haven't yet started, not sure if it's the same client as yours.

Comment

Originally posted by ruth11 View Post
                    This might be a bit late for you, but I'm working through Blue Arrow right now.

I'm guessing we could even be working on the same gig?

I'm finding them to be absolutely fine - Luke seems like a reasonable guy, they pay me every week without fail (for all 3 weeks of it so far!) and are easy to deal with.
                    I got the contract reviewed by B&C and I think it was well worth it - they have some good sounding clauses in the contract, but not actually worth anything to me apparently!! Sarah from B&C added a few extra bits and they were very agreeable and included them without fuss.

HTH
                    HGV or meat packing?

Comment

Working...
                    X