• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

help please - domain name registration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help please - domain name registration

Okay, this is what I am looking for, so any advice on who to go to gratefully recieved.

1. Low cost. Good value.
    2. Reliable.
    3. Must provide full browser based control panel of domain settings. I need full control of A records, CNAME, MX records the works, forwarding, cloaking, masking etc

Looking to register .com .co.uk and most of the other common ones.

I don't need site hosting, just registration and control of the domain name servers and DNS settings. I already have web and mail hosting sorted.

Would be even happier if they are offshore so that none of my money goes to the UK government in VAT or other taxes. :evil

Cheers,

DP.

Try www.internetintuitive.co.uk speak to Andrew he hosts all my client sites.

Comment

Personally I use www.just-the-name.co.uk.... all the features you described, easily administered via a browser. No problems so far.

Cant remember the exact price but it worked out comparable to the 'cheapies' at the time (a year ago) when you factored in all the 'optionals' that you actually needed...

Comment

mcquiggd,

Spot on. Just what I was looking for.

Cheers,

DP.

Comment

www.hostway-uk.com/?

Comment

dnbuy.com

www.dnbuy.com

$9 a year.

They are a reseller for enom, but much cheaper,
            as they don't offer pointless 10 pages sites, just name and forwarding.

Admin interface is good, same as enom's.

Comment

Working...
            X