• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Novice contract question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Novice contract question

Hello, if i have signed a 12 mnth contract and decide after 6 mnths that i want to go elsewhere, is it normal that i can just give a months notice or do I have to finish the whole 12 mnths legally. thanks

This depends purely on the wording of your contract (I assume you have a contract). Look in there.

If though, for example, the agent has stated that you cannot give notice but they can stop your contract whenever they want then you will have to speak to the agency. Some agencies do this and to be honest as much as they protest they will keep you to it, telling them you plan to punch the client normally results in the notice you require.

Comment

Contractor

Don't forget, you're your own business. If you've agreed to provide services for a given period, then you should do it or provide a suitable replacement, and train him up, keep the client happy.

Obviously no-one's going to stop you going but it's not very professional if you're serious about building up a satisfied client base.

Comment

Working...
      X