• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disclosing clients name?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disclosing clients name?

For the second time in 3 days an agent has refused to name the client before they submit my CV. Both times the comment was "you have to trust us". Anyone else experienced this??

I wanted to play hard-ball and refuse unless they told me who it was but the rate was good and I was genuinely interested by what they told me about the role. Is this getting more prevalent? We have to trust the agents but they don't trust us. Is the trust going out of fashion?

Comments?

Probably not a real role.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang
      For the second time in 3 days an agent has refused to name the client before they submit my CV. Both times the comment was "you have to trust us". Anyone else experienced this??

I wanted to play hard-ball and refuse unless they told me who it was but the rate was good and I was genuinely interested by what they told me about the role. Is this getting more prevalent? We have to trust the agents but they don't trust us. Is the trust going out of fashion?

Comments?
      I see no real problem with this. If you don't like 'em, don't do the gig.

A pimp saying "trust us", is, though, an oxymoron of the highest calibre!

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang

Comments?
        I wouldn't send the CV forward then - how do you know that you aren't already represented there if they don't tell you who the client is?

Tell them not to bother, and find another role.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
        X