• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Real IT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real IT

anyone contracted through them? Any good?

Did a 6-month gig with them last year. Paid weekly. Ballsed up the invoices on a couple fo occassions but sorted them out pretty quickly.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

If you mean Real Resourcing then yup. They don't really understand the whole opt in/opt out thing and send you a opt out form as part of the contract (too late by then you muppets) and they are incapable of making contract amendments. (I am still awaiting an amended copy of my agreed contract with the correct hours on it, but the rest is fine so i'm not overly worried. Only taken them 3 months so far..).

That being said they pay promptly and regulary although I find thier online timesheet system a pain in the ass. TBH pretty much par for the course.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNamor
        anyone contracted through them? Any good?
        S3, need I say any more?

Comment

Pay quickly, but used to have a real scumbag of an agent working for them, let's call him Lhristopher Cightbound
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I've used them , and I know lads who still do. They are ok - as previous poster says they don;t really do contract amendments.

On another note they have just switched from paying my invoices weekly (and promptly) to 'enforcing' their 14 day invoice rule (and having to be chased up at that).

Could be a sign of cash flow issues...?

We'll wait and see.

Dante

Comment

Originally posted by Dante
              I've used them , and I know lads who still do. They are ok - as previous poster says they don;t really do contract amendments.

On another note they have just switched from paying my invoices weekly (and promptly) to 'enforcing' their 14 day invoice rule (and having to be chased up at that).

Could be a sign of cash flow issues...?

We'll wait and see.

Dante
              More likely a way to save money as they get an extra week's worth of interest on it, if they start failing to pay i'll become worried, but as a lot of agencies do a 30 day payment period 14 days seems quite reasonable.

Comment

Working...
              X