• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Being top of search engines

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being top of search engines

Gents,

I'm about to launch a software product to help pay the bills!

Through my research I am convinced that getting it known to search engines is essential. Also, making sure it features high (first three pages minimum) of search engine results is also important.

However, I'm finding little advice on how to achieve this.

Any thoughts/websites/books/services etc that you guys know about or can recommend?

Thanks,

Mike

Search Engine Optimisation is exteremely important for sites that do not have established brands.

It is also important to have your site being SEO friendly - ie no javascript crap, flash, too big pages etc. There is a LOT to learn buy luckily a lot of info is available online (often for free).

The site to look at is - www.webmasterworld.com/

Bear in mind that search engines update their indexes slowly - it may take 2-3 months before you see results.

It might be worth paying some money for SEO work done by professionals - this can easily cost £500-1000.

Final words - make sure you analyse your web logs for the purpose of identifying top search engines AND keywords that were used - this would help you optimise as well as run AdWords campaings on Google.

Comment

Try www.searchenginewatch.com/ - it has all the info you need to at least get the basics right for free, if you're prepared to put in some legwork of your own.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Guys.

I looked up both sites. Very useful. Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X