• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie question: going ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie question: going ltd

are there any good guides on how to set up and what is involved? i'm currently using an umbrella, but next contract will prob go Ltd...

i am after a walkthrough newbie guide. the only ones i can find are comparison, not how to do it!

any help please?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

www.companieshouse.gov.uk

Straight from the horse's mouth.

Comment

does that include my role? ie accounting, invoicing etc?

i want to know what is invovled from my part! i've found the links that set up the ltd overnight, but what else do i nee to do?

Comment

Originally posted by scooby
        does that include my role? ie accounting, invoicing etc?

i want to know what is invovled from my part! i've found the links that set up the ltd overnight, but what else do i nee to do?
        Read the site a little closer, there are guides on there on how to set up your ltd company.

Comment

ok cheers.

and one final question, due to CSA i would want to avoid getting very shafted (i'm happy to pay, but dont want to lose 20% of income as my lad wont see it all anyway!), if i make my wife the director, how will affect me tax and pay wise? is there any difference as i assume i wont be the director in this scenario but an employee?

Comment

Originally posted by scooby
            are there any good guides on how to set up and what is involved? i'm currently using an umbrella, but next contract will prob go Ltd...

i am after a walkthrough newbie guide. the only ones i can find are comparison, not how to do it!

any help please?
            If you look to the right, you will see a link to a section titled "First Timers". Go and have a look at that to start with.

Also have a look at the contractors guide on the Professional Contractors Group website.

Also have a look at the free contractors guide on the SJD Accountancy website.

<Shakes head. Sigh.>

Comment

Working...
            X