• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oracle Apps 11i Contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oracle Apps 11i Contracts

Looks like not many 11i apps contracts coming in lately in the UK..lot many in mainland Europe though...anyone thinks otherwise...my current gig ends in a week and have'nt got anything yet on the pipeline

We had one for you here:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread17671.html

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard

Thanks for your concerned recommendation!!!.Any others in their forum who are serious abt discussing market trends and networking to help mutually in this contracting world.....

Comment

Hi AJ,

Sorry , been on hols for a while and tried to reply to your PM, your mailbox is full. I'm certainly interested in discussing trends, I've had recent contracts through this bunch --> oraclecontractors.com and as they are ex apps/techies themselves they are very straight up, my current gig is not apps, it's a datawarehouse 10g (subcontinent-consulting) modelling mess with the apps bit being taken up by SAP which makes life ..........yawn, and worse ........ it's government.

by the way, it's been 6 years since I worked in the UK, i'm OZ based now.

cheers

BP

Comment

Originally posted by barely_pointless
          Hi AJ,

Sorry , been on hols for a while and tried to reply to your PM, your mailbox is full. I'm certainly interested in discussing trends, I've had recent contracts through this bunch --> oraclecontractors.com and as they are ex apps/techies themselves they are very straight up, my current gig is not apps, it's a datawarehouse 10g (subcontinent-consulting) modelling mess with the apps bit being taken up by SAP which makes life ..........yawn, and worse ........ it's government.

by the way, it's been 6 years since I worked in the UK, i'm OZ based now.

cheers

BP
          Cheers Matie...At last someone with a sensible reply!.anyways were u into Apps before u went into DW? How was the transition...looks like DW is red hot in the UK

Comment

the pipeline doesn't seem any better or worse than usual. i had 3 months on the bench early last year other than that its straight out of one contract into another. mind you i am willing to travel - my current gig is mainland europe.

"something always comes up". thats the motto.

hopefully that next something will be 12 rather than 11 'cos it is time to move on eh?
            Last edited by DS23; 30 May 2007, 13:17.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23
              the pipeline doesn't seem any better or worse than usual. i had 3 months on the bench early last year other than that its straight out of one contract into another. mind you i am willing to travel - my current gig is mainland europe.

"something always comes up". thats the motto.

hopefully that next something will be not be 12 rather than 11 'cos it is time to move on eh?
              Very True...UK looks very dry and quiet at the moment,but mainland Europe is a nonstarted for me due to family reasons.....

I guess its Wait and watch for the time being........by the way are u into Oracle apps as well?

Comment

Originally posted by aj1977
                by the way are u into Oracle apps as well?
                er... yes, sorry. didn't think i needed to mention it - it is in the the thread title after all. i'm an oracle apps functional consultant.

family is why i insist on non-standard working practices when working abroad (4 days in 3 or 5 days in 4) plus working from home whenever possible / necessary. means that at least one day a week i can do the kids run. every little helps.

Comment

UK market seems OK to me, as long as you're flexible.

I was looking 12 weeks ago, and things were great. Decided to take a month off, came back and it was really quiet - took another three weeks to get anything else.

Since then, I've had lots of calls from agents to see if I'm available again...

No doubt, if you give it a week or so, you'll be fending them off again - or go to Europe, and work from home occasionally.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaqqer
                    UK market seems OK to me, as long as you're flexible.

I was looking 12 weeks ago, and things were great. Decided to take a month off, came back and it was really quiet - took another three weeks to get anything else.

Since then, I've had lots of calls from agents to see if I'm available again...

No doubt, if you give it a week or so, you'll be fending them off again - or go to Europe, and work from home occasionally.
                    U say Oracle Apps market looks OK!!!...surprised...i agree the general oracle developer market looks ok but not the apps one as far as i have seen in the past 2-3 weeks...by the way i wud love to work from home..how do u get hold onto one such a thing?

Comment

Working...
                    X