• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working in New Zealand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in New Zealand

Well it looks like I may well wind up in New Zealand in the new year. Umm.... so how dya go about finding work before you get over there? Can anyone recommend any agencies, etc...?

Ta

recently over from NZ,

the nz job search site is www.seek.co.nz. i find this the best nz jobsite out there

also www.trademe.co.nz/jobs isnt bad

Comment

Thanks. What's the job scene like over there? I'm kinda thinking of trying to grab a permie job, not sure about heading out there for contract work.

Comment

Job scene there is good at the moment esp for IT. However be prepared for a slower recruitment process than the UK contractor market.

Agents are a lot more ethical and friendlier (because there isn't a long line of good candidates waiting for jobs).

PM me if u want specific info.

Comment

Originally posted by buffdaddy
          Job scene there is good at the moment esp for IT. However be prepared for a slower recruitment process than the UK contractor market.

Agents are a lot more ethical and friendlier (because there isn't a long line of good candidates waiting for jobs).

PM me if u want specific info.
          What sort of salaries are we talking ? They were pretty low even by Oz standards when I last looked into it.

Comment

name a role i will try to tell u what the salary is...

typical dev with 5 years exp between 60-75k in auckland

55-65 else where

Comment

55-65 else where
              I assume that is 60-75kNZD and not 60-75kGBP?

Comment

indeed

else why would i have come here

Comment

I was considering going to NZ for a while and trying to pick up some work to live off while I'm there.. Based on those figures I'd be better off lining up a few months of remote work for an existing client here, and taking the rest of the year as holiday.

Comment

55-65 else where
                    You've answered my question ! I'm SAP ABAP and spin offs, it looks like the pay rates haven't risen in recent years either. It'll be long holidays only on that money.

Comment

Working...
                    X