• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another newbie question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another newbie question

Hi,

I have been reading this forum fo a while, and found it invaluable.

Today I secured my first contract. Has anyone dealt with the recruitment agency Harvey Nash? They claim that their contracts are IR35-friendly, and have said it has been checked many times and that it is a standard contract provided by the PCG.

Should I still get the contract checked for IR35 compliance, or assume it's OK?

Never assume anything...unless they are prepared to take the hit should the tax man come knocking
    Property advisor for the people

Comment

If you're in the PCG you can download their standard contract and compare.

Mine (different agency) has "PCG approved" stamped all over it and I checked that a lot of it was word for word the PCG standard contract. So I didn't bother getting anything checked.

But don't assume, no. Remember that it's you that will lose out.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by fluffy
        Hi,

Today I secured my first contract. Has anyone dealt with the recruitment agency Harvey Nash? They claim that their contracts are IR35-friendly, and have said it has been checked many times and that it is a standard contract provided by the PCG.

Where can one get a contract checked for IR35 compliance? Is there any agencies that do that for u? if yes who are they and whats the cost associated and how long does it take to check?

Comment

Originally posted by aj1977
          Where can one get a contract checked for IR35 compliance? Is there any agencies that do that for u? if yes who are they and whats the cost associated and how long does it take to check?
          http://www.bauerandcottrell.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by fluffy
            Hi,

I can't stick HN. They are a bunch of cheating scumbags in my opinion. But, there again, I was shafted by them a few years ago (with the client).

Comment

Working...
            X