• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Renegotiating a contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been permie (IR35) contracting for year now and getting fed up of being asked to do bits of stuff when I just want to take on a project and fancy taking control a bit more and maybe sending less to El Gordo.

I want to know how easy it tends to be to negotiate a contract to be on a project basis with deliverables and stuff starting from the usual fixed term daily rate positions that you find on the job sites.

I did a search for 'negotiate project' and this is the best thread I found so I thought I'd ask here.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
      If you have to visit your end-client's own client make sure that you go in your own company's name and not a representative of the client.

Good morning [shake hands] I am Denny One Man Band Limited and I'm here to represent my client Global Organisation Plc. is much better than saying I am Denny Surname working for [god forbid] or representing [they'll still assume you are on the payroll] Global Organisation Plc. If you get offered a visitors badge make sure you keep it as proof if it prints your own co name on it.

If you stick to this It will be hard to get contracts from other IT services companies.

Comment

But you aren't Denny One Man Band Limited. You just work for Denny One Man Band Limited. I hope you're not having difficulty telling the difference between yourself and your company because that's a slippery slope.

Comment

If your tell IR that your contract was inside IR35 and then get extended and tell them all of a sudden you are outside IR35 I would expect an investigation to be appearing on the horizen.

Start off outside IR35, don't try and change half way through, it will will flag up as stange behaviour and they are more likely to start looking.

Comment

Originally posted by mictech
            Had my Hays standard contract checked with QDOS and it fails,

Mainly on substitution, while I could sub, the client had to approve the sub therefore clause invalid.
            Controll and a couple others.

Hays will not change their T&C when a gave them the report. Be warned!
            I had my Hays HIT20 contract reviewed and passed by B&C and was underwritten by QDOS for TLC35.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

why waste time & effort,get B&C onto it for you
              sorry Diver I'm off the cigs again

Comment

Working...
              X