• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working Address (on contract)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working Address (on contract)

Just agreed a new contract with the client. The contract is going to be a rolling 3 months one, i.e. a new contract every 3 months.

I have the opportunity to put the working address as anything I like.

I will be working from home, client site in London, client site in Glasgow and client site in Madrid. Usually I will work Monday's and Fridays at home with the middle of the week likely to be in London.

The agent has put the working address on my contract as the client London head office address. But I have the opprtunity to change this if I wish.

From the point of view of claiming travel and accomodation expenses through my Ltd company, what is the best option? If the London address is on the contract will I still be ok to claim my travel expenses each week to London? Or am I best to put a different working address on the contract and claim travel to London? Does it make any difference?

The only real answer is to claim for the expenses that you actually incur... No matter which address is used on your contract.

Of course, it could be useful to agree a main working address with the client. Then if you're still being rolled-on in 2 years time you can agree a different main working site...

Comment

Thanks, thats what I thought.

Comment

Working...
      X