• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oracle Applications 11i Technical Consultant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oracle Applications 11i Technical Consultant

Hi All,
    Iam a newbie in contracting and need some help from your guys.Iam an Oracle Applications11i Technical consultant with 7 years of experience out of which the last 4 years have been with Oracle Corporation.I am new to this contracting and have been applying for contracts since last 3 weeks but nothing has happened yet.3 of the agents sent me some reference numbers saying that my cv is been sent to the client but no interviews so far.Whats your opinion about contracting market for oracle apps....
    Also can you please keep me posted of any potential contract openings that you know of.If you need my CV please PM me

Thanks
    AJ

Originally posted by aj1977
    Hi All,
    Iam a newbie in contracting and need some help from your guys.Iam an Oracle Applications11i Technical consultant with 7 years of experience out of which the last 4 years have been with Oracle Corporation.I am new to this contracting and have been applying for contracts since last 3 weeks but nothing has happened yet.3 of the agents sent me some reference numbers saying that my cv is been sent to the client but no interviews so far.Whats your opinion about contracting market for oracle apps....
    Also can you please keep me posted of any potential contract openings that you know of.If you need my CV please PM me

Thanks
    AJ
    ...good to know It is not only me sitting on the bench...

Comment

Well - it seems ok for me (I am a techie/functional hyrbid) - I have been on a 2 year contract (and the one I had before that was also 2 years!!), get phoned up a lot for other work.... the usual basically. You seem to have lots of experience - what modules is that in?

What is your employment situation? Have you quit your permanent job? You need no notice period really as contracts which wait for 4 weeks are very rare due to the competition. So that is the first thing I would suggest.

Also - have you just applied for contracts locally? Where is that - London? Have you tried looking further afield. I have had a long commute my whole contracting life - and I have been fortunate - a lot of the contractors I work with live away from home and that is apparently the norm.

Flexibility is the word. The 11i market is good enough (although it may be in a bit of a lull - I am not looking at the moment so I don't know) - but if you can't get anything locally then widen the search (even looking at Europe).
      Last edited by Robwg; 9 April 2007, 11:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Robwg
        Well - it seems ok for me (I am a techie/functional hyrbid) - I have been on a 2 year contract (and the one I had before that was also 2 years!!), get phoned up a lot for other work.... the usual basically. You seem to have lots of experience - what modules is that in?

What is your employment situation? Have you quit your permanent job? You need no notice period really as contracts which wait for 4 weeks are very rare due to the competition. So that is the first thing I would suggest.

Also - have you just applied for contracts locally? Where is that - London? Have you tried looking further afield. I have had a long commute my whole contracting life - and I have been fortunate - a lot of the contractors I work with live away from home and that is apparently the norm.

Flexibility is the word. The 11i market is good enough (although it may be in a bit of a lull - I am not looking at the moment so I don't know) - but if you can't get anything locally then widen the search (even looking at Europe).
        Hi Rob,
        Yea me too get lots of calls daily but no progress so far..may be the agencies know that iam new to the contracting market just by talking to me!! .

In any case since iam hunting for that elusive first contract i have not had any constraints with relation to the location of the contract as long as it is within the UK.I am not looking outside the UK at the moment, and oh yes I have had experience working in a mix of modules such as SCM,CRM,PA,HRMS and a bit of financials...and yes i have quit oracle corporation and indeed available for an immediate start

So if u know of any apps technical development role let me know..if u need my cv and email PM me and i will send you...

Thanks for all your response and help
        AJ

Comment

any oracle apps techies here?

Comment

Hi,

The market seems a bit slower at the moment than a couple of months ago - I was getting loads of calls during my last contract, did some training in India for a month, came back and nothing!

Keep trawling through the job sites and something will turn up. One thing to be wary of - my first contract I cut my rate so that I seemed more appealing to agents / clients. Then I realised that all that means is that the agent makes even more money out of me, if they aren't on a fixed margin basis.

Best of luck,

Faqqer
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaqqer
              Hi,

The market seems a bit slower at the moment than a couple of months ago - I was getting loads of calls during my last contract, did some training in India for a month, came back and nothing!

Keep trawling through the job sites and something will turn up. One thing to be wary of - my first contract I cut my rate so that I seemed more appealing to agents / clients. Then I realised that all that means is that the agent makes even more money out of me, if they aren't on a fixed margin basis.

Best of luck,

Faqqer
              Thanks Mate.Does it mean that don't undersell youself for the sake of getting that elusive first contract...how long have u been contracting in Oracle Apps?
              and u went to India for Training?? why may i ask?
              Cheers
              AJ

Comment

Working...
              X