• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accomodation Expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accomodation Expenses

While working away can I claim hotel or digs against tax. Last time I was inside IR35 and my accountant said I couldn't. Now I'm outside is this still true.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Yes you can

PROVIDED that your employment with the current client is under 24 months OR
    if you know that the gig is going to be more than 24 months then you cant claim.

Thats the case for a Ltd Co anyway, not sure about brollies.....
    Keep it clean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maxamus
      Yes you can

PROVIDED that your employment with the current client is under 24 months OR
      if you know that the gig is going to be more than 24 months then you cant claim.

Thats the case for a Ltd Co anyway, not sure about brollies.....
      Rules apply to all brolly or ltd.

As a matter of interst, if you are inside IR35 doesn't the end client re-imburse you for the expenses ?
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
        Rules apply to all brolly or ltd.

As a matter of interst, if you are inside IR35 doesn't the end client re-imburse you for the expenses ?
        Head Brick Wall Bang ....

Comment

well if you are inside IR35 the revenue is saying that you are an employee of the end client, as such if the revenue was treating me as such, then I'd expect the end client to pay my expenses as I would get if I was a permie - I'm not saying that they will but they ought to.
          Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
          X