• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working Time Directive?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

signing an opt out to the wtr does not mean anyone can force you to work more than 48 hours per week but it does give you the option should you wish to.

when the laws came out in 97/98 there was clause that if some one was classed as an autonomous decision maker than the ruling would not apply to them.

It was brought out to stop dodgy companies offering low wages but letting people work 60/70 hours per week so they could take home a living wage - obviously with NWM this is not such an issue now

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
      You'll be with CP then...

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
        They cannot insist upon it, and they may not make you signing it a condition of them acting for you.

tim
        No but they can find a 'more suitably qualified' candidate, which essentially is the same only fully legal.

REMEMBER : What people are allowed to do and what they want to do are rarely the same, and if you want it enough there are ways of achieving the same legally.

Sorry I didn't have my "avoidance of pedantic referrers" hat on when I wrote the original posting.

Comment

Originally posted by boredsenseless
          No but they can find a 'more suitably qualified' candidate, which essentially is the same only fully legal.

REMEMBER : What people are allowed to do and what they want to do are rarely the same, and if you want it enough there are ways of achieving the same legally.
          The 'they' in this sentence is the MSC, the client has already offered the contractor the gig.

tim

Comment

Working...
          X