• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

tricky one

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you in or outside IR35?

If in, then chase it.

If out, then take the money on offer, and go and get another job. Use it as an indicator of the risk that you face in your business, should there ever be an IR35 investigation.

Take the advice from the forum - you'll never win an argument with a permie.

I had exactly the same thing happen to me earlier this year - Monday I offered to leave the project and was told that they wanted me to stay; Friday morning (8.15) contract was terminated with no notice and no pay-off. Monday, started new contract on improved rate.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaqqer
      Are you in or outside IR35?

If in, then chase it.

If out, then take the money on offer, and go and get another job. Use it as an indicator of the risk that you face in your business, should there ever be an IR35 investigation.

Take the advice from the forum - you'll never win an argument with a permie.

I had exactly the same thing happen to me earlier this year - Monday I offered to leave the project and was told that they wanted me to stay; Friday morning (8.15) contract was terminated with no notice and no pay-off. Monday, started new contract on improved rate.

within ir35 mate,

my problem is I have tendered for another contract through a friend of mine and I don't find out till march 12th. there were several other contracts I could have taken but it would have meant working away so this is the one I'm holding out for.

its not so much the money but the principle of being shafted like this. hopefully I get a resolution and gain some knowledge from the whole thing.

my next contract will put me outside ir35 so then I can dump the brolly as well
      Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
      I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by tino
        within ir35 mate,

my problem is I have tendered for another contract through a friend of mine and I don't find out till march 12th. there were several other contracts I could have taken but it would have meant working away so this is the one I'm holding out for.

its not so much the money but the principle of being shafted like this. hopefully I get a resolution and gain some knowledge from the whole thing.

my next contract will put me outside ir35 so then I can dump the brolly as well
        Since you're in, then it's worth chasing it - see what the lawyers say. I only didn't chase it since although there was a principle at stake, I was better off out (and might be able to use the risk factor if ever investigated for IR35).

Invoice now for the notice period - then you can start adding interest on for not paying on time...
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by tino
          very quick responses.

the agency are small fry which is why I think funny beggars are being played.

ill go and see a solicitor tomorrow and get a wee nasty letter off to them
          Save yourself some money and use:

http://www.thomas-higgins.co.uk/

to send an initial letter - costs 2 quid

Comment

Working...
          X