• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which is the best site to find contract work in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

The easiest time to change sector is during the bull markets, when clients are finding it hard to find good people. Your tech skills still have to be a good match, although its easier to blag during bull markets as well..
    Been contracting 25 years never had one call back in all that time for roles in either investment banking or insurance. Pretty much worked in every other sector. Don't apply for either anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
      People have been saying the contract market has been on the downturn since I made the jump in 2017. I recently returned to contracting in October - I handed my notice in on the Thursday, and by the Monday I had two outside IR35 offers on good rates.

I'd love to say that was down to my magnetic personality and incredible CV, but sadly I think it was more reflective of a (very) buoyant market. Rates are 20-25% higher than when I stopped contracting in 2020, and there seems to be a lot more outside IR35 roles now the dust has settled (at least in my industry, insurance). I didn't see anything like those kind of rises as a permie...

If you want to go contracting, now is as good a time as any imho...
      good luck

Comment

Working...
      X