• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An Elaborate Ruse....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

I know it happens in the perm world, but do they now promote positive discrimination towards the contractor LGBTQ+ community?
    I very much doubt it. Well certainly not in the agent world. There is no way to tell on a CV, even age because we chop a lot of gigs out and only an idiot would put what date they got their qualifications, so the one and only thing the agent cares about is their commission. Period. They'll put anyone and anything through they think will line their pockets. Best person wins regardless of any positive or negative discrimination so could argue it's one of the fairest least discrimnatory areas there is. Just plain old greed. What the client thinks of the person that rocks up for interview is a whole different argument though. There is no law or requirement for a client to apply positive discrimination, I think the only issue of discimination in the whole chain is the attitude of the person interviewing.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 2 December 2022, 21:21.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X